As an accomplished Content Strategist, I collaborate directly with clients to craft captivating and authoritative content that excels in local search results. Each client possesses a unique story, particularly small and medium-sized businesses. I skillfully transform these narratives into content that enhances experience optimization and elevates conversion objectives.
Content Strategy Director, RicketyRoo
September 2020 – Present
- Focused on content auditing, strategy, and development for local SEO clients across the United States.
- Mapped buyer’s journey for client websites to determine the best course of action for funneling potential visitors through websites to improve overall conversion metrics.
- Performed on page and off page SEO for clients.
SEO Specialist, NuLeaf Naturals
August 2019 – September 2020
- Remodeled content strategy that led to an increase of over 3000+ keywords in a three-month time frame.
- Pioneered outreach strategy for the company resulting in placements for the brand on over 100+ web properties.
- Oversaw SEO best practices for websites helping to secure ranking positions on the 1st page of Google for conversion-generating keywords.
Director of Digital Engagement, Altitude Agency (acquired by Nuclear Networking)
November 2015 – August 2019
- Led team focused on content strategy and link development for clients ranging in budgets from $500 to $10,000 per month.
- Spearheaded disavow project for Amazon-owned Alexa.com resulting in a ranking increase of 13+ points per keyword.
- Accelerated traffic growth by 20% for national CBD company through content strategy and optimization.
Contributing Writer, TripSavvy
February 2014 – April 2020
- Launched RV travel section for TripSavvy (formerly About.com Travel).
- Averaged 10,000+ unique pageviews per month during travel season year over year since 2014.
- Produced content related to RVing, road-tripping, and Colorado, resulting in more than 50,000+ keywords ranked and 1.1mm pageviews.
Content Strategist, Trailerbroker
July 2013 – November 2015
- Devised content marketing strategy for primary and partner sites resulting in first-page keyword placements in the RVing niche.
- Undertook the development of more than 100 blogs on RVing.
- Cultivated relationships with more than 50+ web properties, including Volkswagen and Airstream, to earn online coverage.
Senior Writer, TechNorms
June 2011 – June 2019
- Launched coverage of Windows category on the website resulting in over 25mm pageviews.
- Publicized products, keynotes, events, and more at CES as a member of the press via the website’s social media channels.
- Reviewed products from major consumer electronics brands, including Huawei, OtterBox, Petzi, Mophie, and IObit.
Founder, Popp-Up Writing
January 2007 – Present
- Strategized and wrote more than 1000 pieces of content in dozens of niches for clients.
- Created content for a variety of high-profile brands, including The Emmys, HP, Samsung, and Microsoft. Featured on CBS Denver, Synup, UpCity, RankWatch, RV Open Road, Lifehacker, and other media properties.
- Helped clients increase revenue by $4mm through content strategy, development, and curation.
- BrightLocal: What Does Artificial Intelligence Mean for Local SEO?
- iPullRank: Your 2023 Boring (and Ridiculous) SEO Predictions
- MarketingMiner: The ultimate local SEO guide and checklist for 2022
- clockworkTalent: SEO Job Interview Questions YOU Should Be Asking The Interviewer
- SNYCU: Ep. 238 June 9, 2022
- LocalU: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 6, 2022
- The SEO Weekly: Episode 28 – Author Rank, an Apple Search Engine & 100 SEO Mistakes
- Work In SEO Podcast: Ep#8 Melissa Popp
- Claire Carlile Marketing: Local SEO Resources
- Search Engine Land: 5/17/2021 Daily Brief
- The #SEOFOMO’s SEO & Digital Marketers to Follow: 5/30/2021 Edition
- Remoters: The Best Project Management and Collaboration Tools for Remote Working Teams
- SearchEngine Roundtable: SEO’s 8 Bit Menorah
- BrightLocal: Why E-A-T Inspires Local Content Creation
- Television Academy (Contributing Writer)
- MakeTechEasier (Contributing Writer)
- RVwithMe (Contributing Writer)
- RV Rentals Guide (Contributing Writer)
- Go RVing Canada (Freelance Writer)
- RankWatch (Interview)
- UpCity (Guest Writer)
- RV Open Road (Contributing Writer)
- Want to save money on your next road trip? Here are some simple ways to do it, ABC Detroit (2020)
- Your Favorite Website Could Be Blocked Under Proposed FCC Change, CBS Denver (2017)
- The Freelance Coalition for Developing Countries, Mentor
- Women in Tech SEO, Mentor